More blogs about shorewood track.

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

 

Solid Performance at Conference Relays

Link to results: http://www.harriersolutions.com/results/woodlandrelays09/


Sorry....have few individual results but this is what I heard about:

Long Distance Medlay
Came in first....started off with Jordan at 800 leg...had a very strong finish giving Malachi the lead for the 400....Peter maintained and gained the lead on the 1200 leg and Ben finished it off with a solid mile time. I believe that Peter had a PR in the 1200 leg at somewhere around 2:18(?).

4x1 Mile
Came in first....sounds like John Taylor blew away the Whitnall guy...heard he was behind him at the baton but caught and broke him. Taylor was around 4:47-48; Joe Pendleton had a solid PR at 4:50ish, Bredan PR'd breaking 5 minutes at 4:58 and Gavin I belive was around 5:07-5:10 and had a PR.

4x800
Came in first....an exciting race like the 4x1 mile; Jordan led off with something like a 2:07 I believe...which put us at the top in a very close leg fighting for first between three teams (if I recall)...Oliver had a solid run at about 2:11 (?) but slipped into third place at the pass of the baton to Tyler; Tyler cranked it up on his last lap, passing and holding the lead into the baton exchange ending with a PR of about 2:03.5-7; Peter also had a great race holding off a very fast competitor to the very end to win the race for Shorewood with a time of about 2:03.5-7.

4x400
Came in fifth I believe...made up of a couple of distance runners.

Which I could do more....I know several girls had some great PRs and I believe the sprinters and hurdlers had a great day as well. Any comments you want to share....email to me at dontyler@northwesternmutual.com

Read more!
Comments:
Just a note on that 1200 time. 2:18 would be an international elite performance in the 1000 meters, so I don't think that's quite possible for a high schooler, much as I love Shorewood distance runners. 3:18, perhaps?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?